Tuesday 24 April 2012

Cast Flag


The Cast Flag is rated by Hanayama as level 1 (out of a possible 6) the easiest they have. I must agree, it is easy. It is a great puzzle to start with as it doesn't frustrate. The motions are a question of logic and it is quite possible to stumble upon the solution by merely fiddling with the puzzle. This however, does not detract from it in any way, it is heavy in the hand and has a lot of charm. It is sure to spark interest in anyone that solves it.

It consists of a central "flag" which is able to move and the main body the "maze". It is a good size and fits the hand well. It is addictive and I must admit that once I picked it up I solved it within a few minutes and repeated it at least three more times.
Price £(low)-£££££(High) - ££
Quality 1(low)- 5(High) - 4
Difficulty 1(easy)- 5(very difficult) - 1

As with all Hanayama puzzles they are reasonably priced, though compared to wooden puzzles and some disentanglement ones, they come in more expensive, though are not likely to break the bank balance.

The Cast Flag is well made, however the photos may show a pitted finish. Though I imagine this is completely intentional, it does not look as good as their other puzzles in my opinion.

Conclusion - This little puzzle has got a place in any collection. For the beginner it is a great introduction to the lateral thinking that these puzzles will provide. The more experienced may enjoy it for its charm and character (or in my case to get me one step closer to completing the set!).


MB


No comments:

Post a Comment