Saturday 28 April 2012

Cast Violin

The Cast Violin is again from Hanayama and rated 2 out of 6 by them. It consists of three interlinking parts in the general form of a violin. WARNING: some imagination is required to fully realise this! 

It may be a good idea to point out that most Hanayama puzzles in the cast range vary from £9 to £14 depending on where you look. Considering the amount of time I spend on these little gems they are very good value for money overall (if shipping costs can be avoided!)

Quality  - The finish on the Cast Violin is superb, and is copper in colour. However, there are light scratches beginning to appear where the pieces have rubbed. Though this is not hugely noticeable. 

Difficulty - As Hanayama rate the puzzle a 2 (fairly easy) I feel slightly embarrassed to admit it probably took me far too long to solve, so I would personally have it at 2.5 as there are some fiddly moves.

Conclusion -  This is a good little puzzle, though I would not put it in my Hanayama Top 10 (More on this to follow!) as it doesn't stand out, it is not too pretty, not the best made or have any surprising moves. It, however is a good puzzle, I just feel it blends in too much and is not as noticeable as the Cast Vortex or others. 

MB

No comments:

Post a Comment