Wednesday 25 April 2012

Cast Vortex

This puzzle is rated 5 out of 6 by Hanayama. I must say that this is probably a bit low. It should definitely be a 6! It took me about a week of frustration to take it apart! Putting it back together was an even more challenging feat... suffice to say I needed the solution to do so.

The puzzle consists of three interlinking parts. They are all slightly different and are named vortex, Hanayama and ay respectively. I guess that without then names it would be even more difficult!





Price £ to £££££ - ££ 
Quality 1 to 5 - 5
Difficulty 1 to 5 - 5



The puzzle has a smooth finish and has a solid feel (so solid that if thrown at a wall in frustration I would guess it would dent it!). As the pictures show it has a Celtic look about it which I have to admit I do like. It is one of the better looking puzzles that they make. It does have a reassuring clang when handled, though this may annoy those around you.

This puzzle is definitely affordable (as with all Hanayama puzzles) and will provide hours of use.

Conclusion - The vortex is a brilliant puzzle and requires a lot of attention in order to solve it! I would only recommend it to patient people or to those who have access to the solution as it becomes somewhat of a quest to reassemble.


MB

No comments:

Post a Comment